This week I’d like to share another simple technique to enhance your Hong Sau practice.
First, however, I’d like to share a technique to relax the body muscles in preparation for meditation.
Sit in a chair or on the floor in preparation for your meditation practice. Inhale sharply through the nose with a short, then a long breath, tensing the entire body. Hold the breath and the tension for 3-5 seconds, vibrating with energy, and then exhale sharply, through the mouth, with a short and long breath, relaxing the body completely. Repeat 2-3 times.
Remember: proper posture and relaxation are important to receive the full benefits of any meditation practice.
Now for Navi (naw-vee) Kriya (kree-uh)*:
- Close your eyes and lower the chin slowly to the chest. Keep the eyes focused at the point between the eyebrows, the Spiritual Eye, throughout the practice.
- Mentally chant Aum one hundred times, mentally focusing on your navel while continuing to keep the eyes focused at the spiritual eye.
- Next, very slowly draw the chin upward until the head is tilted backward. Be sure there is no strain on the neck.
- Continuing to focus at the spiritual eye, chant Aum 25 times more.
- Finally, return the head to a relaxed upright position, chin parallel to the floor, and continue your meditation.
Focusing on the navel generates tremendous power of self-control. Using the technique at the beginning of a meditation practice can be very helpful in enhancing your powers of concentration.
*This is not Kriya Yoga proper, which should be received only after study of preparatory techniques and then initiation from a qualified Kriya Yoga instructor.